This page features a selection of examples demonstrating the variety of work our EE team undertakes. Our large group of specialists and assessors work to deliver genuinely value enhancing sustainability projects for our clients, specialising in low energy buildings and offering a full range of related services in building and construction. Please browse the list on the right hand side for examples of past and present projects.
A Grand Design
A stunning bespoke new build home, the grand design covers over 500m2 in a desirable leafy corner of South West London.
The architect first approached us during the design stage to ensure that the project met all the necessary regulations without affecting the unique aesthetic. Many high-end bespoke building benefit from large south facing windows to maximise the amount of natural light but, together with the complex shape of more architectural designs, this can often result in an increased risk of overheating. Furthermore, with a larger property comes a more powerful space and water heating need and a larger energy requirement.
An Efficient Solution
To ensure a warm home during winter and minimal energy requirement the property benefits from a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) boiler, which raises the efficiency of the heating system through reusing the residual heat from space heating system for the water heating. The property also uses a significant ventilation system, carefully designed to manage the risk of overheating without impacting the visual design.
Through working with us the homeowner ensured that their unique property is comfortable to live in, minimises the environmental impact to achieve Part L of Building Regulations, without compromising the stunning aesthetic of the modern architectural design.
- Constructionline Level 2 Accreditation
- Luton Town Centre Daylight Study
- The Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS
- New Draft London Plan Document Released for Consultation
- Overheating Analysis in Barking Riverside
- Daylight and Sunlight in Shepherds Bush
- London Plan Energy Report, Bexley
- Energy and Sustainability in Milton Keynes
- Daylight and Sunlight Report in Suffolk
- SAPs for a leading London Architect
- Energy Reports in Bristol
- Daylight and sunlight assessment in Ipswich
- Michail Kapetanakis joins Environmental Economics as Building Energy Consultant.
- Creating BIM components for BIMstore
- SAP calculations in Northampton
- Advising on energy strategy in Bristol
- Planning report and assessments in Bedfordshire
- Renovation assessment in the South of England
- Overheating risk assessment in East London
- Delivering BREEAM Assessments for Multiple Projects (Birmingham Architects)
- Working with a Top 5 Building Client
- Making Your ‘Grand Design’ Achieve Building Regs
- Supply Chain Sustainability School – Gold
- ESOS Consultation for Major UK Business Group
- ESOS for Large UK Garden Centre Group
- London Plan Energy Report in Brent
- Planning/Energy Report and SAPs for Major UK Development
- Supply Chain Sustainability School – Silver
- Peterborough – Ventilation Cost Saving
- An Integrated Approach to Part F Ventilation
- Display Energy Certificate in Hertfordhire
- BREEAM ‘Very Good’ and SBEM in Southampton
- Consultation on Part L1A (SAP) in Basingstoke
- ESOS for UK tool importer and retailer
- BREEAM ‘Very Good’ in Surrey
- SAPs in Exeter
- SBEM project in Essex
- Consultants trained to deliver ISO 50001
- Planning report in Southampton
- SAPs in East Yorkshire
- BREEAM (UK) New Construction and SBEM assessment
- Code for Sustainable Homes Assessment
- South East London, London Plan Planning Report
- ESOS Project for UK Retailer
- ESOS Contract
- Part L 2013 Solutions
- BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment
- BREEAM Very Good – London
- Park Centrale, Southampton
- Bernard Court, Chester Road, Holmes Chapel.